A graduate building surveyor is required to join a team administering a building maintenance contract. The building maintenance requests range from fixing roof tiles, leaking taps through to resurfacing access roads and refurbishing small buildings. The projects are both planned and reactive maintenance and are valued from £80 through to £150,000.
The successful candidate will be organising all maintenance requests through a comprehensive bespoke database which will contain all workflow procedures and assists in managing the day to day workload.
After receiving the building maintenance requests, the task is to then collate all relevant health and safety information, write a short technical specification of the works so the appropriate building contractor can be instructed. The surveyor will be managing the client’s expectations, liaising with senior management about any major issues, processing all orders and processing small value final accounts.
The successful candidate will be from a surveying/construction related background and will be familiar with the building maintenance sector. It is an ideal position for a graduate building surveyor seeking their first employment opportunity and candidates will be joining a practice with a strong track-record of seeing graduates through their APC to achieve Chartered Status.
They will have excellent customer service skills, be able to provide advice to the clients asking the right technical questions to establish orders and be able to organise building contractors efficiently. Good IT skills are essential.
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter / note to NE2017020601@summers-inman.co.uk
Following recent project and Framework successes Summers-Inman is recruiting for a permanent Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor position to join our busy office in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To support the Senior quantity surveyors and Commission Managers, taking responsibility for effectively delivering a range of tasks to high quality standards.
- On occasion, to perform the role of the Commission Manager on small projects, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
Assisting the Senior quantity surveyors on a range of tasks, to include:
- Estimating and producing feasibility cost plans
- Obtaining and assessing quotations received
- Drafting procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Drafting tender report forms
- Dealing with variations and the change control process
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Checking invoices received against work done/quotations and issuing payment recommendations
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
- Ideally Degree qualified (cost management, quantity surveying). Applications will be accepted from those in the final year of the part-time degree
- 2+ years experience in a Quantity Surveying role, preferably from a Consultancy or Main Contractor background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Driving licence and car owner
- Competitive salary range depending on experience
- 25 days personal holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
To Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to
reference GQS/NE0916 in the subject heading