Following recent project and Framework successes Summers-Inman is recruiting for a permanent Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor position to join our busy office in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To support the Senior quantity surveyors and Commission Managers, taking responsibility for effectively delivering a range of tasks to high quality standards.
- On occasion, to perform the role of the Commission Manager on small projects, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
Assisting the Senior quantity surveyors on a range of tasks, to include:
- Estimating and producing feasibility cost plans
- Obtaining and assessing quotations received
- Drafting procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Drafting tender report forms
- Dealing with variations and the change control process
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Checking invoices received against work done/quotations and issuing payment recommendations
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
- Ideally Degree qualified (cost management, quantity surveying). Applications will be accepted from those in the final year of the part-time degree
- 2+ years experience in a Quantity Surveying role, preferably from a Consultancy or Main Contractor background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Driving licence and car owner
- Competitive salary range depending on experience
- 25 days personal holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
To Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to
reference GQS/NE0916 in the subject heading