Following recent project and Framework successes Summers-Inman is recruiting for a permanent Intermediate/Senior Quantity Surveyor position to join our busy office in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To take the lead on framework projects from inception through to completion.
- Client facing leading a small team of dedicated staff.
Undertaking the lead role on a range of tasks, to include:
- Estimating and producing feasibility cost plans
- Obtaining and assessing quotations/tenders received
- Drafting and issuing procurement documentation
- Checking and analysing the tenders
- Compiling tender report forms
- Dealing with variations and the change control process
- Reporting at client progress meetings
- Conducting cost checks and valuations
- Checking invoices received against work done/quotations and issuing payment recommendations
- Liaising with the client, contractors, designers, etc.
- Minimum Degree qualified Quantity Surveyor and qualified through experience or MRICS
- Experience in Construction Management procurement; retail food sector experience an advantage
- 5+ years post –graduate experience in a Quantity Surveying role, preferably from a Consultancy or Main Contractor background
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications
- Driving licence and car owner
- Competitive salary range depending on experience
- 25 days personal holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
To Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting reference SQS/NE1216 in the subject heading.