Summers-Inman is a leading independent, multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy. We have 7 regional offices across the UK, employing 120+ staff.
About the role
We currently have a vacancy for a full time or part time Business Development Coordinator to join our Edinburgh office. The main role will be preparing and coordinating bid submissions and marketing output for our Scottish region, and we require an experienced, organised and pro-active person to join the team.
You will report to the Regional Managing Director and the Group Business Development Director. You will be liaising with bid colleagues in our other UK offices on a regular basis to ensure that information is collated and submitted to meet bid deadlines. Other responsibilities will include updating and maintaining our bid information library, searching for new bid opportunities and analysing statistics to prepare won/lost information. You will also prepare marketing output such as website updates, social media updates, events planning and other activities.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinating and preparing high-quality bid and tender submissions.
- Obtaining and recording bid outcomes and feedback including analysis and lessons learned.
- Monitoring and reporting of new opportunities and Public Contract Scotland (PCS) notices.
- Preparation of brochures and marketing material to assist with business development.
- Proactively working to keep CVs, project data sheets, image library, case studies and marketing output relevant and up to date.
- Ensuring all internal and external documents and communications are on-brand and consistent.
- Update marketing and contact databases.
- Coordinate project data capture.
- General office duties as required.
Ideally you will have:
- Qualification to Degree level or experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of Easy PQQ, Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) and PCS-Tender (desirable but not essential).
- Excellent IT skills with experience of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of graphics packages such as InDesign and Adobe Photoshop (desirable but not essential).
- Ability to multitask, work to tight deadlines and manage own workload with attention to detail.
- An interest in the Built Environment (desirable but not essential).
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org