Job Title: Chartered Building Surveyor
The opportunity: Summers-Inman has a great opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join our successful team based in Newcastle.
The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional national consultancy that is active across private and public market sectors, including Education, Healthcare, Retail, Industrial and more.
Summers-Inman is a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business. We support individuals to develop to their fullest potential and offer excellent personal development opportunities.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organization.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Carry out building surveying duties, including but not limited to:
- Condition Surveys
- Part Wall Awards
- Defects Diagnosis
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- PPMP and asset condition schedules
- Measured Surveys
- Design & Specification writing
- Contract Administration
- Quality and Technical Monitoring.
We are seeking candidates who can display the following:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree qualified in Building Surveying.
- RICS Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- Client facing with an ability to build long-term relationships
- Strong technical delivery experience
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Good understanding of JCT Contracts
- Excellent IT skills including electronic survey methods
- Previously employed by a consultancy
- A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious
- He or she will have a collaborative approach, and will have experience of working within teams, as well as operating under his or her own initiative
- He or she will have a flexible approach to working.
Remuneration / Benefits
You will receive a negotiable salary package, as well as the following benefits:
25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
For further details: Please contact Mark Dutton (email@example.com)
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs for this vacancy.