Job Title Graduate /Assistant Building Surveyor
Due to increasing workload, we are currently seeking a Graduate/Assistant Building Surveyor in our Edinburgh office, assisting our established building surveying team. The key experience requirements are as follows:
- Measured surveys: preparation of floor plans, elevations, and details on AutoCAD (must be AutoCAD proficient).
- Building surveys: condition surveys, schedules of condition, defects diagnosis inspections, detailed measured surveys.
- Project building surveying: design including the preparation of AutoCAD drawings, preparation of statutory consent applications, preparation of tender documents, project monitoring and contract administration.
- Building pathology: identifying building defects and failures and developing solutions including advice on estimated costs and programme.
- Property management: preparation of planned maintenance programmes including elemental cost preparation.
- CDM services (desirable but not essential) preparation of pre-construction information and health and safety files.
This role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to develop within a dynamic team, supported by a medium-sized multi-professional consultancy.
The role is a full-time position.
Skills and experience required
Ideally you will have:
- Building Surveying BSc or BSc (Hons) degree (accredited by RICS) or working towards
- Competency in using AutoCAD and measured survey (essential)
- Knowledge of refurbishment and alteration of existing buildings
- Relevant building surveying consultancy experience (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to progress your career with a leading consultancy
- Full UK driving licence and have use of own vehicle.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. You will receive a competitive market salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Profit share scheme
- Laptop and smart phone to facilitate home working under our flexible hybrid working policy
- Company contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave + Public Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- RICS APC support and mentoring
For Further Details
If you are interested in this role in Edinburgh, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com