Summers-Inman is a leading independent, multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy. We have 7 offices throughout the UK, the firm employs 115+ staff and has operated for 100 years within the industry.
About the role
Due to increasing workload we are currently seeking a Graduate/Assistant Building Surveyor in our Edinburgh office (we will consider undergraduates seeking summer placement) for a fixed-term 6-month contract (with possible extension/full-time position thereafter). You will be assisting our established building surveying team with a local authority housing adaptations commission including:
- measured surveys
- preparation of floor plans, elevations and details on AutoCAD (must be AutoCAD proficient)
- preparing tender packages
- assisting with the procurement and management of works on site including checking progress, quality, compliance and handover
This role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to develop within a dynamic team, supported by a medium-sized multi-professional consultancy.
Ideally you will have:
- Building Surveying BSc or BSc (Hons) degree (accredited by RICS) or working towards
- Competency in using AutoCAD and measured survey (essential)
- Knowledge of refurbishment and alteration of existing buildings
- Relevant building surveying consultancy experience (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to progress your career with a leading consultancy
- Full UK driving licence
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. You will receive a competitive market salary that will match your skills and experience.
If you are interested in this role in Edinburgh, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org