Job Title: Northern Regional Head of Health & Safety.
Associate Director, or designate Associate Director, depending on candidate.
Location: Notwithstanding the Covid-19 situation, the individual will be based in our office in Great Park, Newcastle upon Tyne. At times, there will be the need to travel, primarily to building sites and clients throughout the UK that are serviced from our North East offices (Newcastle and Leeds).
During Covid-19 working restriction periods, you can work from home, keeping in contact with and having the support of colleagues via phone, email and our Microsoft Teams’ Groups.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Promote the business to new and existing clients
- Manage the North East team of health and safety professionals
- Carry out health and safety and principal designer services on building projects
- Service our clients that require health and safety policy advice and audits
- Advise management of health and safety in the work place
- Represent the North East region at national group workshops
- Assist with the Group’s maintenance of our own health and safety policy, environmental policy, recycling and waste minimisation policy, and other such polices to which he or she can meaningfully contribute
- Manage compliance with our ISO45001 and ISO14001 management systems
We cover all types of buildings from relatively small refurbishments to multi-million-pound flagship developments.
The role is a full-time position.
Qualifications and Skills: Candidates will be a Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner (preferably CMIOSH) in the Construction Industry, and qualifications or recognised training in the management of asbestos in buildings and fire risk assessment.
Candidate will also be required to have experience as a Principal Designer (under the CDM regulations) and have a recognised qualification as such (such as CMaPS).
The successful individual will be used to, or have the ambition to, manage a team of health and safety professionals, and to promote the Practice to new and existing clients with the intent of growing our health and safety business.
He or she will have a collaborative approach, and will have experience of working within teams, as well as operating under his or her own initiative.
He or she will have a flexible approach to working.
Remuneration: The salary package is negotiable.
For Further Details: Please contact Mark Dutton, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)