Summers-Inman is a leading independent, multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy. We have 7 offices throughout the UK, the firm employs 130+ staff and has operated for 100 years within the industry.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor at intermediate level and will consider Senior Quantity Surveyors. You will be working in a team of Quantity Surveyors within our Edinburgh office. You will be responsible for QS project delivery and will have autonomy and support across the Practice. You will deliver and manage existing QS projects for both public and private sector clients including residential, education, student accommodation and funding institutions. Ideally you will have:
- Experience working for a consultancy in a PQS role
- MRICS qualified or registered and working towards the RICS APC
- Confidence and experience as a client-facing project lead
- Extensive technical experience across various sectors and client bases
- Practical experience of using the principal standard forms of building contracts including NEC3/4
- Development Monitoring and Employers’ Agent experience
- Affordable housing experience
- Experience of managing services under a BSI ISO 9001 accredited Quality Management System
- Full UK driving licence
This is an excellent opportunity to assist with the development of an established QS team in a multi-disciplinary national practice. The role also offers the opportunity to work on some high-profile projects, and to work closely with the Directors developing the business, excellent career progression and support from senior members of staff.
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. You will receive a competitive market salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Profit share scheme
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- RICS APC support and mentoring
For further details: Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs or speculative approaches for this vacancy.