Job Title: Senior Building Surveyor
The opportunity: Summers-Inman has a great opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to join our successful team based in Leicester.
The successful candidate will be joining an exceptional national consultancy that is active across private and public market sectors, including Education, Healthcare, Retail, Industrial and more.
Summers-Inman is a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business. We support individuals to develop to their fullest potential and offer excellent personal development opportunities.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organization.
We are seeking candidates who can display the following:
Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc in Building Surveying. Chartered (MRICS / MCIOB) or ‘learnt by experience’
- Proven ability to demonstrate the effective delivery of Senior Surveyor duties.
- Smart/professional appearance.
- Punctuality and the input of as much time as is necessary to get the job done
- Ability to manage a team dealing with a wide variety of professional duties and Client base.
- Provide support to the business as directed by Associate Directors and Directors
- Planning, organisation and control of resources and workload.
- Professional interface with other disciplines and the clients representative.
- To ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients.
- Ability to support with bid preparation / business opportunities in accordance with business strategy
- Assist with the preparation of fee proposals
- Effective management of internal job costing in relation to the fee and services to be provided and resource requirements.
- Administration and ownership of project accounts.
- To support the senior management team with commercial processes and profitability of the business.
- Provide guidance to team members in professional, technical services and duties.
- A capability for working successfully and professionally in all aspects of the Building Surveying profession with minimal supervision.
- Visible level of pastoral care for employees placed within their team.
- Service delivery to Clients and act as primary interface.
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall project requirements and the ability to advise clients knowledgably on Building Surveying.
- Experience in the production of specifications and schedules of works for refurbishment and extension scheme projects
- Contract administration services including pre and post contract services.
- Project Management experience to monitor the progress of works onsite.
- Monitoring all work executed, at all stages, to ensure that an accurate and professional service is offered.
- Some Professional experience in Party Wall and Dilapidations would be preferred, but not a requirement.
- Condition survey experience
- Knowledge and experience using AutoCAD
Remuneration / Benefits
At Summers-Inman we value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organization. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
For further details: Please contact Dan Green (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs for this vacancy.