We are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor (Associate Director Designate) with good health care experience to head up our health care team on a national basis.
The successful Senior QS will join our team of Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers and can be based in any office but with a requirement to have a national presence. Reporting to our Director of Health and main board Director level, the successful candidate will be a motivated person who can work in a collaborative environment with the client, contractor, and other Summers-Inman staff.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 7 years’ post-graduate experience of cost management of building projects from feasibility/option studies through to detailed cost planning and post contract cost management
- Experience in consultancy environment and working on public sector projects
- Good knowledge of Value Engineering and Risk Management techniques
- Understanding of the principal standard forms of building contracts including JCT and NEC3/4
- Understanding of DH P22 contract templates
- Experience of the P22 process, working as Trust Cost Advisor and working with PSCP’s
- Experience in supporting the PM through the development of the GMP process
- SOC, OBC, FBC knowledge
- Manage Change Control Reporting Procedures
- Life Cycle knowledge
- Able to advise on VAT
- Chartered professional status (MRICS or MCIOB) – desirable but not essential
- Excellent communicator, with strong teamwork skills
Remuneration / Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organization. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Car Allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
For further details: Please contact Ian Griffiths (firstname.lastname@example.org) and David Cronje (email@example.com)
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs or speculative approaches for this vacancy.